- This event has passed.
‘Entre Tanto’ with Emilio Said
Wed., March 7, 2018 @ 8:00 pmFree
Artist Emilio Said discusses his work, the creative processes and the more experimental pieces of his current production.
Entre Tanto is a continuing program coordinated by Genoveva De La Peña.
About Emilio Said
Said completed his degree in the National School of Painting, Sculpture and Engraving La Esmeralda, National Center of Arts, Mexico.
He has received the recognition of the National System of Art Creators on multiple occasions. His work has been presented in Berlin, Hamburg, Frankfurt, Bremen, Paris, Vienna, Brussels, Budapest, Madrid, Barcelona, Oviedo, Bolzano, Warsaw, Finland, Basel, Prague, Kanawaga, Kyoto, Osaka, Singapore, Seoul, Hong Kong, Chicago, Kansas, Washington, Ottawa and New York.
Among his multiple distinctions:
- Speaker and representative of Mexican artists at the Contemporary Art Festival a-part, Provence, France
- International Biennial Acquisition of Engraving Award, Posada Museum, Aguascalientes, Mexico
- Residence, Workshop of Liles, Paris, France
- Artist in Residence Vienna Austria
- Acquisition Award, 1st National Biennial of Contemporary Prints, National Museum of the Estampa, Mexico City
- Honorable Mention, Zalce National Biennial, Morelia, Michoacán
His work is present in the Rufino Tamayo Contemporary Art Museum, CDMX Modern Art Museum, MARCO Monterrey Museum, Carrillo Gil CDMX Art Museum, Kansas Art Museum, CDMX San Ildefonso Museum, Museo de Bellas Artes de Asturias among others.
He currently teaches the Graphic Workshop and multiple media at la Escuela Superior de Artes de Yucatán.
NOTE: Events are occasionally postponed or canceled, or a listing could contain an error, so confirm any activity with the organizer when possible.