Travel bans have reshuffled the world’s most possible air travel routes. But Cancun still maintains its top-10 status on both national and international lists.
Travel analyst OAG in January placed Dubai-London Heathrow as the busiest international route, but that’s changed.
The route heading the international leaderboard is now Orlando-San Juan, with 135,244 seats scheduled for February.
The three-hour journey from Florida’s Orlando International Airport to Puerto Rico is technically classified as international although the Caribbean island is US territory.
Dubai to Delhi and Cairo-Jeddah are the next two most prominent international flights.
For domestic travel, Jeddah-Riyadh in Saudi Arabia and Cancun-Mexico City were the only routes outside Asia to make the top 10.
The top two domestic routes were South Korea’s Jeju-International to Seoul-Gimpo and between Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam.
The world’s busiest international air routes
- Orlando-San Juan (135,244)
- Delhi-Dubai (129,683)
- Cairo-Jeddah (128,665)
- Paris Orly-Pointe-a-Pitre (118,594)
- Tehran Imran Khomeini-Istanbul Ataturk (110,936)
- New York JFK-Santiago (DO) (108,876)
- Fort de France-Paris Orly (104,923)
- Cairo-Riyadh (103,922)
- Seoul Incheon-Tokyo Narita (100,676)
- Cancun-Dallas Fort Worth (98,045)