The Teatro Daniel Ayala Pérez was inaugurated in 1914 as the Salón Jardín, and later as the Teatro Principal Cine. After various amenities were added, it was reopened in 1916 with the Viennese operetta “The Chocolate Soldier.”
In 1976, the state government named the space for Daniel Ayala, the Yucatecan musician.
It was remodeled again by the state and reopened in 2007 with a modern lighting systems, air conditioning, theatrical machinery and cafeteria.
The facilities include the Juan García Ponce Library, which contains various works by local, national and international authors.