Mérida, Yucatán — Yucatán Expat Life is pleased to announce our First Annual Christmas Posada to benefit two very worthy local charities, La Divina Providencia and the Caimede DIF Orphanage.
Hosted by Yucatán Expat Life, along with our generous partners from Mérida’s business community, we invite our readers to join new friends and old on Sunday, Dec. 20 for what promises to be a wonderful evening of cheer and camaraderie at the SoHo Galleries. The evening will include passed hors d’oeuvres prepared by Luis Velasquez of Epicuria and Dadaumpa Restaurant, and some wonderful wines.
Numerous local businesses are donating items for a raffle to be held during the event. Here is what you could win just by attending (and there will be more raffle tickets available for purchase to increase your chances):
– An original art piece from SoHo Galleries
– Massages from Dolorfin
– A one-year membership to Health Net Connect
– Pedicure from Robert Abuda Salon
– Dental Services from Quality Dental and Comfort Dental
– Dinner and drinks at several restaurants
– New Years Eve for four at Lizard Joe’s
– Perfume from Coqui Coqui
– Car Rental from Maya Fast Cars
– Private chef services for the evening
– and a Gift Certificate from Randy Miler Natural Thangs Garden Center
All proceeds are to be divided between these two non-profit charities.
About the Charities
La Divina Providencia is a home for the elderly and abandoned. Many of its 89 residents have dementia, Alzheimer’s or have missing limbs. This home is run by two sweet nuns who never turn their back on the government or police when they show up at their doors to drop off an elderly person in need of a home.
They are always in need of monetary donations, hygiene products, adult diapers, sugar, fruit, canned goods, cookies, cooking oil and cleaning products.
Caimede DIF Orphanage is the only state-run facility in the Yucatán. It currently houses 280 orphans, newborn to 20 years old. A large population of its older residents have Down syndrome or some other severe learning disability and cannot be sent out to live elsewhere.
Donations will be used to purchase Christmas gifts to be placed under the children’s Christmas tree.
About the Posada
When: The Posada is 6-9 pm. Sunday, Dec. 20
Where: SoHo Galleries, Calle 60, No. 400, between 41 and 43, Centro.
Cost: Tickets are $500 per person and can purchased at:
- Hennessy’s Irish Pub, Paseo de Montejo between 41 and 43
- Robert Abuda Salon, Paseo de Montejo between 39 and 37
- SoHo Galleries, Calle 60, No. 400, between 41 and 43, Centro.
- Taninos Wines, Calle 20, between 23 and 25, Col. Mexico
- Dolorfin, Calle 33-A #472-C between 52 and 45
- Or by contacting Melissa Adler, 999-118-9351
We are grateful to our generous sponsors
- Yucatán Paradise
- Yucatán Lawyers
- Antálea Telchac Beach Villas
- SoHo Galleries
- Quality Dental
- Grupo Carsa Insurance
- Taninos Para Todos
- Arroyo + Steele Media Services
- Moveable Feast Yucatán