The people behind the beautiful new gallery in Santa Lucia are holding a benefit gala to support their art programs.
It promises to be a memorable evening, filled with art, music, and a six-course meal.
Fundación de Artistas, which opened earlier this year in a beautiful old casona on Calle 55, has exhibited several interesting art exhibits, and now has a café in its courtyard.
Now, their first annual benefit gala is being planned for Thursday, Oct. 22 as they honored to inaugurate the historic exhibition of Los Caprichos and Los Disparates by world-renowned Spanish artist Francisco Goya.
Goya witnessed and documented important historical changes did during the late 17th and early 18th century in the midst of Spanish wars and revolutions. Los Caprichos and Los Disparates reflects Goya’s sentiment of discontent etched into a collection of eighty original grabados.
The exhibition will open at 7 p.m. with a silent auction of original Mexican artwork, followed by a six-course dinner with classical music, both inspired by Goya’s trajectory as an artist.
Tickets are 2,000 pesos per person; or 4,000 pesos with a full 4,000-peso-credit toward the silent auction. The dress code is no longer black tie, but the event will still be dressy.
Ticket-holders will be considered an “Amigo de Artista” and their name will be placed on a plaque on our donor wall in the foundation. The buyer will also be mentioned in our upcoming newsletter.
The event will include gifts bags with swag from Coqui Coqui and Hacienda Montaecristo, two organizations that are behind the founding of Fundacaón de Artistas.
With the goal of raising 160,000 pesos, the benefit is intended to
- Continue offering the local community free access to exhibitions, seminars and classes
- Allow the foundation to invite and pay artists and professors alike to teach seminars opened to the public at no charge
- Buy supplies and materials for our seminars, classes and residency program
- Cover the transportation costs of exhibitions to Yucatan which costs approximately 25,000 MXN for exhibitions within Mexico and serve as inspiration for the local art community
- Install a professional lighting system which costs approximately 100,000 MXN in our exhibition rooms in order to provide an adequate venue for artists to exhibit their work.